Friday, February 10, 2012

William Wallace, A Commoner, Unites The 13th Century Scots In Their Battle To Overthrow English Rule.

Braveheart, a 1995 movie with director Mel Gibson and starring Mel as William Wallace.  A must see for period buff's like me.

The storyline's about William Wallace, a Scottish rebel who leads an uprising against the cruel English ruler Edward the Longshanks who wishes to inherit the crown of Scotland for himself. When he was a young boy William's father and brother, along with many others, lost their lives trying to free Scotland. Once he loses another of his loved ones, Wallace begins his long quest to make Scotland free once and for all, with the assistance of Robert the Bruce. Fascinating part of Scotland's history. Why am I going on about it? 

Its a great movie and a great name for my nephew, Dietrich Wiebe's cat - I give you... Sir Wallace:

Sir Wallace, cat
Dietrich bought him for $50, his former owner told him there was something unusal about him; can you see it?

Catspaw 

2 comments:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I am very grateful for your comment and please leave a link.